If you like names beginning with letter Z, and you have decided to choose a name that begins with this letter for your baby, consult this list of names, both for boys and girls, that Guiainfantil.com has lovingly prepared for all parents who have doubts about what name to choose for the baby that is about to be born.
Choosing a name for a child is a great responsibilityas he will carry it forever. You can choose a name that has a special meaning, or that is of a famous person that you admire, as well as a name that sounds good and that combines with the surnames that the little one will carry. There are many tricks to choosing a baby's name, and one of them is choosing the letter to start with. In this case, we suggest the letter Z, the last of the alphabet.
There are not many names beginning with letter Z. Almost no names are known for babies, or animals, or flowers, or things in general that begin with the last letter of the alphabet. Names with Z are rare and therefore original. But there are many surnames with the letter Z, which can inspire parents when choosing a name that combines or complements well with them.
- 18 most popular surnames with the letter Z
- 18 famous person names that start with the Z
- Baby boy names with the Z
- Names for girls that start with Z
- The weirdest baby names
18 most popular surnames with the letter Z
Finding a suitable name for your baby is not easy, and it will be even more difficult if your baby's first surname begins with the letter Z. Here are some surnames to help you choose a name that fits them well.
- Zechariah - surname derived from the Italian form of the name of the patriarch Jacob.
- Zafra - Zafra is known for a large clay pot to store oil. A relatively frequent last name.
- Zambrano - The surname Zambrano most likely arose from the town of Zambrana, Spain.
- Zamora - The Zamora lineage is, in fact, from Gipuzkoa and since quite remote times its members have been considered notable nobility and noblemen.
- Zeus - He is the father of gods and men in mythology
- Zamorano - Very popular surname of Basque origin.
- Zanetti - A surname of Italian origin.
- Shoe - A name that derives from 'shoe' and that is related to Zappata and Zappato. A surname that was used for the first time by the gentleman García Zapata.
- Shoemaker - A frequent surname in Spain, from the nickname 'shoemaker', applied to the individual who manufactured or repaired footwear.
- Saragossa - Also known as Saragossa and Zaragossa. Original surname from Aragon, Spain.
- Zavala - It is a surname that has its origin in Bilbao, in the Basque region of Spain. It means 'the width'.
- Zavaleta or Zabaleta - Surname that comes from Zavala or Zabala
- Zevallos - It is one of the most widespread surnames in Latin America. The origin of this surname is the same as that of Cevallos or Zeballos, Castilian. Very old lineage.
- Zorrilla - The surname Zorrilla is very old and, therefore, of uncertain meaning.
- Zubizarreta - Surname of Basque origin, which in Basque means 'old bridges'.
- Zuñiga - Zúñiga is also the name of a town in Navarra, which may have been the origin of the surname.
- Zuriaga - Surname of Basque origin, rare that is registered especially in the province of Valencia, in Spain
- Zurita - He is also known as Zorita. Of Aragonese lineage.
18 famous person names that start with the Z
The names of famous people, singers, actors, painters, sculptors, philosophers, models, etc., are a great source of inspiration for parents when choosing a name for their baby. Here is a list of some famous people's names to help you in that task:
- Zac efron - American actor who acted in plays like Peter Pan, Gypsy, and series like 'High School Musical'.
- Zachary quinto - American actor. He portrayed the character 'Spock' on Star Trek.
- Zahia dehar - Franco-Algerian fashion and lingerie designer.
- Zaira nara - Argentine presenter and model.
- Zara Larsson - Swedish singer and songwriter.
- Zayn Malik - British singer and songwriter famous for being a member of the band 'One Direction'.
- Zedd - Grammy-winning Russian-German musician, disc jockey and producer. His name is Anton Zaslavski.
- Zendaya - American actress and singer. He started working on Disney series.
- Zico - Brazilian soccer player.
- Zinedine Zidane - Also known as Zizou, he is a former French footballer and coach of Algerian descent. Name of French origin. Quiet, calm and reserved personality.
- Zizi possi - Brazilian singer.
- Zoe hardman - It is the name of Greek origin of this actress and British television presenter.
- Zoë Kravitz - American actress, singer and model. Zoé means 'life'.
- Zoe Saldaña or Saldana - Dominican actress.
- Zoe Valdes - Cuban writer of poetry, novels and film scripts. The name Zoe symbolizes life.
- Zulema - was an American blues singer and songwriter.
- Zuleyka rivera - Puerto Rican model, presenter and actress.
- Zygmunt Bauman - was a sociologist, philosopher of Jewish origin.
Baby boy names with the Z
There is a lot of pressure some parents feel when choosing a name for their baby. If you already know that the baby to be born is male, that task will be made lighter, since from now on you will only consult a dictionary of names for men or boys. Here is a list of baby names that begin with Z, accompanied by their origin and meaning.
- Zechariah - name of Hebrew origin that means 'the one that the Lord has remembered'. He is one of the minor prophets, to whom the book that bears his name is attributed.
- Zack - Zack is a diminutive of the name Zachary or Zacarías. 'Zakar' means 'to remember' and Yahweh means 'the name of God'.
- Zadig - The story goes that Zadig was a philosopher in ancient Babylon. A name that means 'holy week'.
- Zaed - It is an Arabic name with variants: Zaid, Zeid, Zeyd, Seid, Jayed, Zayed, Zaeed. It means 'the one that grows'.
- Zafir - Male name of Arabic origin, very popular. It is said that who bears this name is usually victorious, sensitive and romantic.
- Zain - is a name of Arabic origin that means 'handsome'.
- Zair - Who bears this name is usually a seducer who has confidence in himself. In Numerology, it is known as a name for strong, authoritarian, determined, virile, but also self-centered people. It is a name of Hebrew origin that means 'small'.
- Zamir - Name of Hebrew or Arabic origin that means respectively 'son of the bird' or 'thought'.
- Zacchaeus - Names of Hebrew origin that mean 'innocent', 'pure'.
- Zarek - It is a Greek name that means 'God protects the king'.
- Zareth - It is a popular biblical name in Israel. It derives from the Hebrew word 'Nazareth' and means 'where it flourishes'.
- Zayd - Arabic name that means 'abundance', 'he who progresses' or 'he who grows'.
- Zayn - It is a feminine name of Arabic origin that means 'beautiful', 'precious'.
- Zeno - Derived from the name of the Greek god, Zeus. Greek name meaning 'consecrated to Zeus'.
- Zeus - Original name from Greece. It means 'God of Olympus'.
- Zidane - Male name that corresponds to number 1 in Numerology. People who bear this name are usually outgoing and risky.
- Zigor- Male proper name of medieval Basque origin. In Basque, it means 'punishment', 'stick', 'whip'.
- Zinedine - Male name of French origin.
- Zion - Zion, Zion or Tzion in Hebrew means 'biblical of the promised land'. It was the name of the hill in the southeast of Jerusalem on which the city of King David was built.
- Zoilo - Name of Greek origin, which means 'the one who is full of life'. According to numerology they are creative.
- Zoltan - Of Hungarian origin and without a specific meaning.
- Zorba - Unpopular Greek name meaning 'the one who lives every day'.
- Zory - It is a Russian name that means 'farmer'.
- Zozimo - It is a name that comes from Greece.
- Zuriel - 'My rock is God', that is the meaning of this name of Hebrew origin.
- Zyan - French name whose numerology attributes it to a unique and beautiful person.
Names for girls that start with Z
Names that start with the letter Z are rarely popular. Few are those who stand out like Zoe, Zaira, Zahara or Zara. They are usually names of Arabic, Hebrew or Russian origin. If you want to give your girl a name that starts with the letter Z, check this list:
- Zabel - Armenian form of the name Isabel. Very unpopular feminine name.
- Sapphire - Of Hebrew origin it is a feminine name that means 'Beautiful as the precious stone'. Name of a semi-precious stone.
- Zahara - Very popular feminine Arabic name, which means 'Flower'.
- Zaida - Arabic name whose meaning is 'Grow'.
- Zaira - It is a variant of the name Zahira which means 'she who gives flowers', 'florida'. Ideal name for girls born in the spring.
- Zara - This is the name of a very famous clothing store. Name of Hebrew origin that means 'florida', since it is derived from Zaira or Zahira.
- Zenaide or Zenaida - Name derived from the Greek god Zeus.
- Zenda - Czech name. It is one of the forms of Eugenio.
- Zhoe - It is said that its meaning 'life' makes a person happy and with vitality.
- Zirel - It is a variant of the name Sara, which in Hebrew means 'noble', 'princess'.
- Zita - Name of Italian origin, from Tuscany, which means 'happy girl or girl'.
- Zoe or Zoeh - Hebrew name that has a precious meaning: 'Life'.
- Zoey - The roots of this name go back to the word 'life'.
- Zoila - Very popular feminine name for its meaning: 'that which is full of life'.
- Zoraida - Arabic name that means 'captivating woman'.
- Zosima - It comes from the Greek. Ideal for girls.
- Zulay - The meaning of Zulay is that of 'bright' and 'strong', two very valuable meanings for those who want to name the baby with the letter Z.
- Zuleika - Its graphic variants Zuleica, Zulaica, Zuley, Zuleyca, Zuleyka. It means 'beautiful and plump woman'.
- Zuleima or Zulema - They are variants of Arabic origin.
- Zully - It is the diminutive of Zulema and means 'peace', 'tranquility'.
- Zuria - It is estimated that there are at least 2,600 people in the world who bear this name of Basque origin which means 'white' and 'adorable'.
The weirdest baby names
In this video you will find names so rare that even some countries have them prohibited for parents who are looking for a name for their baby. They are peculiar names that were once given to a baby but are no longer among the popular baby names.
Names for girls
Names for boys
Christian Names of Saints
Surnames and Shields
Names coloring pages
You can read more articles similar to Boys and Girls Names - Z, in the On-site Names category.