Many children wait on the night of December 24 for Santa Claus to pass by in his sleigh and leave them his presents. To convince him that we've been good, make these Santa Claus Frosted Cookies as a tribute.
Santa Claus is one of the characters that best represents Christmas, so with a little imagination your children can make this delicious recipe for Santa Claus that they surely love.In Spain, Santa Claus has to compete with the Three Kings, also very loved by kids, so try different versions of the frosting so they have their custom cookies too.
- 150 g butter or margarine
- 150g sugar
- 50 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 325 g flour
- 340 gr. icing sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 egg whites
1. Mix the butter or margarine at room temperature with the sugar until you get a fluffy dough.
2. Add the egg (reserving the whites) and mix again. Incorporate the sifted flour with the salt little by little, so that it is homogeneous. Finally, add the milk.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for an hour to make it more consistent and easy to work with.
4. Preheat the oven to 180º. We spread the dough on a floured surface, and we shape the cookies into a doll and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
5. Bake at 180 ºC for approximately 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack while we prepare the glaze.
6. For the glaze, whip the whites until stiff with a splash of lemon juice and the food coloring. Incorporate the sugar very little by little without stopping beating, until it is mounted very firm.
7. Decorate the cookies with the frosting. Start with the base, the red suit and the pink face of Santa Claus. Continue putting the details: Boots and belt, beard, eyes and nose
You can read more articles similar to Santa Claus Glazed Cookies, in the category of Recipes on site.